Life in Germany. German Citizenship Test. Part of the process of acquiring a German citizenship, is taking the German citizenship exam. The exam includes a multiple-choice test that’ll quiz you on your knowledge of German history, culture, geography and politics. Here are sample questions to expect in the German citizenship test.
Sample questions for German citizenship examination
On the test for a German citizen, a set of 33 issues is drawn from the pool of 310 questions. You must answer 17 questions correctly within 60 minutes to pass.
Here are some examples of questions to expect in the test:
- Who is the head of the Federal Republic of Germany?
- Who is the current chancellor of Germany?
- How many federal states are in the Federal Republic of Germany?
- What city is the capital of Germany?
- What are Germany’s three most important constitutional values?
- What is the name of the German national anthem?
- In what year was the Federal Republic of Germany founded?
- Who is responsible for Germany’s internal security?
- What is the name of the court that is the highest instance of criminal and civil justice in Germany?
- Who is responsible for environmental protection in Germany?
- What is the name of the most important German criminal law?
- What is the name of the most important German professional association?
- What is the name of the German parliament?
- Who is responsible for protecting public health in Germany?
- Who is responsible for protecting consumer rights in Germany?
After all questions have been answered, the system will display which questions were answered correctly. You can then view the correct solutions with brief background information.
Who is exempt from the Citizenship Examination?
Not everyone is required to take the German citizenship test. Here are people exempted from the test:
- Foreigners who graduated from schools in Germany
- Foreigners under the age of 16
- People with disabilities and seniors
German citizenship: Here’s all the changes you need to know about
Why Germany wants to introduce dual citizenship
German citizenship, when is my child entitled to it?
All you need to know about the German citizenship exam
German citizenship: After how many years of residence you can apply and how much does it cost
How to get German citizenship for African refugees as they approach their sixth year