Child benefit (Kindergeld) 2023. Kindergeld payment dates in May 2023. Child benefit is the amount paid by the state to families with children that are not able to support themselves financially. The amount of the Kindergeld depends on your income. You can receive a monthly bonus of up to €250 for each child. Here are the payment dates in May 2023:
How much is the benefit?
From January 1, 2023, the amount of the benefit increased to 250 euros for each child. It will be paid as follows:
- for 1 child: 250 euros
- for 2 children: 500 euros
- for 3 children: 750 euros
- for 4 children: 1,000 euros
- for 5 children: 1,250 euros
Until what age are you entitled to pay?
Kindergeld is generally paid for all children up to 18 years of age, children in education up to the age of 25, and unemployed children up to the age of 21.
Who is entitled to Kinderzuschlag?
Kinderzuschlag is the supplement many parents are entitled to, and can be up to 250 euros. Parents whose income and savings are lower than the specified income criterion, will be granted the supplement. These criteria change every year, as families who were previously ineligible for the supplement are now entitled to it. This is especially true for middle income earners.
You are entitled to the Kinderzuschlag supplement if:
- The child living in your house is under 25 and is not married or in a registered partnership.
- You receive Kindergeld child benefit (or equivalent).
- The gross income of the family is at least 900 euros (couples) or 600 euros (single parents).
- You would have enough money to support your family if you received child benefit and possibly housing benefit on top of your income.
When should you expect the payment in May?
The date on which the Kindergeld together with any supplement will be transferred to the account depends on the last digit of the Kindergeldnummer. Here are the payment dates in May:
- Last digit: 0 – 4 May
- Last digit: 1 – 5 May
- Last digit: 2 – 9 May
- Last digit: 3 – 10 May
- Last digit: 4 – 11 May
- Last digit: 5 – 12 May
- Last digit: 6 – 15 May
- Last digit: 7 – 16 May
- Last digit: 8 – 17 May
- Last digit: 9 – 22 May
Child benefit (Kindergeld) 2023: Parents with older children will have to submit a new application
Child benefit (Kindergeld) 2023: Where to apply, how much is it? and when will you receive it?
Kindergeld child benefit in 2023. These parents must remember to apply for €250 per child