List of public holidays in Germany in 2022, divided into those that are valid for the whole country, as well as holidays provided only for some regions.
Public Holidays Germany 2022 for all federal states:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Good Friday (April 15)
- Easter Monday (April 18)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Ascension of the Lord (May 26)
- Pentecostal Monday (June 6)
- German Reunification Day (October 3)
- 1st and 2nd day of Christmas (25 and 26 December).
Holidays in Germany in 2022 in selected federal states:
- Epiphany – Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Sachsen-Anhalt ( January 6 )
- International Women’s Day – Berlin ( 8 March )
- Easter Sunday – Brandenburg ( April 17 )
- Pentecost – Brandenburg ( 5 June )
- Corpus Christi – Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland ( June 16 )
- Peace Day – Augsburg, Bavaria ( August 8 )
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Saarland and partially Bavaria ( August 15 )
- International Children’s Day – Thuringia ( September 20 )
- Reformation Day – Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen, Hamburg, Bremen, Schleswig-Holstein, Baden-Württemberg ( October 31 )
- All Saints – Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland ( November 1 )
- Penance and Prayer Day – Sachsen, Bayern ( 16 November ).
To note – about Public Holidays in Germany in 2022:
Please note that in Germany every Sunday is also a bank holiday, so you will not find any open shops on this day. Non-working days for Germans are a time of rest and celebration with family and friends.