Life in Germany. Germany is one of the countries that requires you to learn the language in order for you to be able to communicate and even stay or gain access to the country. Africans in Germany shared which are the best ways to learn the German language, and learn it fast. Here’s what we got:
- Speak with children under the age of 7, they are the best teachers. Children are the best at teaching because they are also learning and are very patient.
- Read children books as they are simple.
- Watch kids shows and listen to kids stories as they do not have complex sentences.
- Be courageous and speak. The often you practice the better you become at speaking and even being able to hear.
- In case you need to translate anything use a translating tool it is better than Google translator.
- Watch German films with subtitles, speak out without being shy of making mistakes. If you have children it’ll also help because you can learn from them.
- It is important to note that language school is very key in learning the basics.
- German Kinder film/TV has less slang and is very slow, and deutlich Aussprache. Normal movies will teach one wrong words and slang.
- Kiddies programs. Try look for educational development programs – one called Kli Kla klawitter Bus is very old but one can get old DVDs or online.
READ MORE: German citizenship: how to prove adequate knowledge of the German language