From October 2020, new regulations come into force in Germany that are worth knowing about. Here’s what’s changing:
30 years since the reunification of Germany
On October 3, Germany will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the country’s reunification. The reunification of Germany became a reality on October 3, 1990, under an agreement concluded on September 12 at the 1990 Moscow “2 plus 4” conference. This day is recognized as the official date of German reunification and is celebrated as a public holiday – German Unity Day
The change from summer to winter time in 2020 will take place on the last Sunday in October, i.e. on the night of October 24 to 25. We will take the directions back from 3:00 am to 2:00 am, which means we will sleep an hour longer.
Second installment of “Corona-Familienbonus”
A € 300 Corona-Familienbonus is given to parents in Germany as part of a government-approved stimulus package. The first installment of the Corona-Familienbonus was paid out in September. The second installment of € 100 will be paid in October.
The German federal government has planned funds for this purpose in the amount of approximately EUR 4.3 billion.
Germany: AfD spokesman Christian Lüth sacked after saying migrants ‘could be gassed or shot later’
Risk areas related to the coronavirus pandemic
A few days ago, the federal government added new regions of Europe to the risk list, to which travel is not recommended. Read HERE . In addition, the following risk area recommendations will continue to be issued from October:
- The travel warning will continue to apply for countries that have been identified as risk areas.
- Even if the countries concerned have not been identified as risk areas, travel for tourism purposes may be discouraged if these countries are subject to entry restrictions into Germany or vice versa – these countries restrict the entry of German residents to their territory.
Supplement for dentures
From October, the subsidy for dentures for people covered by statutory insurance will increase by 10 percent. Until now, it was 50 percent of the total cost, and in just a few days, depending on the scope of care, this subsidy will increase to 60 percent.
The subsidy can go up to 75 percent if the insured person has a certificate of regular checkups.
Bahncard 25 price reduction
From October the Bahncard 25 – the Deutsche Bahna (DB) discount card in second class will cost € 24.90 instead of € 54.60 per month as before.