Weather alert in Germany: The German Weather Service (DWD) warns of severe gusts of wind in some parts of Germany of upto 160km/h.
The German meteorologist service has still issued a red alert for numerous districts and the Harz area might even have a red alert which is an official storm warning of extreme hurricane gusts.
Focus wrote that, ‘should the gusts could be above 1000 meters, they would reach speeds between 120 km / h and 160 km / h, according to the DWD.
A list was provided of place that should or could experience a dark red alert:
- Harz – Bergland district
- Ortenau district
- Freudenstadt district
- District of Emmendingen
- District of Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald and city of Freiburg
- District of Loerrach
- Waldshut district
- Schwarzwald-Baar district
- Freyung-Grafenau district
- Deggendorf district
- Circle rain
- Cham district
- District of Straubing-Bogen and city of Straubing
- Schwandorf district
- Neustadt ad Waldnaab district
- Tirschenreuth district
- Bayreuth district and city
- Wunsiedel district
- District and city courtyard
- Rhön-Grabfeld district
- Bad Kissingen district
- Hildburghausen district
- Schmalkalden-Meiningen district
- Sonneberg district
- District of Saalfeld-Rudolstadt
- Ilm district
- District of Gotha
- Waldeck-Frankenberg district
- District of Fulda
Germany’s weather alert on Thursday
On Thursday, you should also be prepared for rail and air traffic disruptions, especially at the airports in Frankfurt am Main and Cologne-Bonn.
From Thursday, along with the wind, we have to prepare for a drop in temperatures. This weekend will be cold. The temperatures practically all over the country will not exceed 10 degrees Celsius. Only in the south-west, the maximum values will rise to just above, to 14-15 degrees.
Weather forecast for the next few days
- ︎ The weather will be very windy on Thursday . Temperatures will drop to max. 13 degrees Celsius. It will be cloudy and rainy.
- ︎ It should be cloudy and windy in the north of Germany on Friday . In the south, temperatures will reach 15 degrees Celsius. It will be sunny in here.
- ︎ On Saturday the weather will be changeable. Daytime temperatures range from 9 to 14 degrees. On Sunday, weather forecasters forecast heavy fog.
- ︎ On Monday, a mixture of sun and clouds, fog and haze. No rainfall. Average temperature: up to 13 degrees Celsius.
source: BILD.de, Focus.de