AG-Career Hub has been nominated for Best African Association in Germany Award (2021). at the AFRONEWS – Ortel Mobile African Community in Germany Awards (2021).
Sponsored by Ortel Mobile, Germany’s leading prepaid sim cards provider for people with a migration background, the AFRONEWS – Ortel Mobile African Community in Germany Awards celebrate and recognise the outstanding achievements of Africans in different fields in Germany.
DETAILS OF THE NOMINEE
The AG-Career Hub is an information and consulting platform founded in 2018 by Kenyan Professionals based in Germany. It shares career and business opportunities in Germany and in Africa with the goal of connecting companies & organisations, professionals and students with the opportunities.
The two questions at the heart of its activities are:
- Which role can African Professionals in the Diaspora play in building and establishing sustainable partnerships and collaborations in the academia and industry sectors between Germany and Africa?
- What needs to be done to make sure that young people in the African continent get access to career and business opportunities, connecting them with universities, companies and industries and funding organisations?
The main goals of the organisation are to:
1. Establish a sustainable platform connecting universities, companies and social communities with students and professionals looking for opportunities in Germany or back in Africa.
2. Establish a Business Directory of Companies & Organisations with focus on Africa.
3. Identify sustainable and suitable technologies for the African market.
4. Identify funding programmes for studies & research in Germany and in Africa.
5. Build an academic home in Germany for Africans in the diaspora and offer mentoring programmes.
6. Support Brain Gain by highlighting Job openings and Funding programmes to support returnees and projects back in Africa.
7. Knowledge transfer through conducting workshops and business events and career events.
8. Identify and showcase innovations in Africa.
Together with a team and a pool of experts and mentors with different academic and professional skills who have trained, worked in Germany and who have also happily relocated back to their countries of origin, the AG-Career Hub is dedicated to establishing that sustainable collaboration between Germany and the African countries with the goal of creating a win-win environment for all.
The AG-Career Hub has been on the forefront assisting students-to-be, students and professionals in Germany. It started with assisting Kenyans and now has shifted to cover the whole of Africa.
It offers consolidated information that can enable one to achieve their dreams in German. Through success stories of professionals based in Germany and Africa, AG-Career Hub motivates people in daring to dream.
Its website contains all kind of information in regard to studying and working in Germany, especially current calls for scholarships. On top of that they post current jobs in Germany and Africa. Recently they partnered with the EBu University to offer scholarships for business related courses.
Winners of the AFRONEWS – Ortel Mobile African Community in Germany Awards (2021) will be announced at the Awards Gala Night sponsored by Ortel Mobile on 23rd October 2021 from 18:00 to 23:00 at Freigut Bootshaus GmbH, Freigut-Frankfurt, Eiserner Steg (Sachsenhäuser Mainufer), 60594 Frankfurt am Main.