If you are an African Migrant or refugee woman in Germany living in the Rhein-Main area and interested in going back to school for a Hauptschulabschluss, Realschulprüfung or an Abitur this is an opportunity for you to gain a scholarship in Germany.
SABA is a project that is helping African Migrants and Refugee women looking to develop their professional perspectives through helping them with educational grants or scholarships in Germany (if you are within ages 18 and 35).
A lack of knowledge of German, a lack of information about educational paths, precarious living conditions or discrimination can all be access barriers for African Migrants and refugee women but the scholarship ascertains a future in Germany.
The project helps you complete your secondary education through financial relief, educational offers an advice as well as networking and exchange. The scholarship holders are supported in laying an important foundation for their future.
Applications for the school year 2021/2022 can be submitted from January 2021!
What does the scholarship offer?
- Taking over of school fees
- Personal advice, career and life planning
- Assumption of travel expenses
- If necessary, childcare costs are covered up to an amount of € 150 per month
- Individual education allowance of max. € 100 per month for tuition,
- Further education, books, etc.
- Regular group events and training opportunities
- Support with the transition to an apprenticeship
What are the requirements for an application?
- You are particularly motivated to gain further qualifications
- You have migration or refugee experience
- They are between 18 and 35 years old
- You have sufficient knowledge of German
- You live in the Rhine-Main area
- You are aiming for a secondary school diploma or a (technical) high school diploma
- For financial or family reasons, you have so far not been able to obtain the desired school leaving certificate
- Women with children are preferred
RELATED ARTICLES: Fully Funded Scholarships in Germany for International students 2021 – 2022, Here’s where you should apply
Ausbildung in Germany 2021: How to apply for vocational training for Africans in Germany
How to find work in Germany: Where African professionals can apply for further training in their careers
How can I apply?
Send your application documents
- Completed SABA application form
- Motivation letter
- Tabular CV
- If applicable, certificates (school and work / internship)
By post to the
Haus des Buches
by email to
If you have any further questions, please contact the project managers
Tel .: 069 – 27 10 79 526
Tel .: 069 – 91 30 10 49
You can find additional information on the website