Norway bow and arrow attack: The man suspected of killing five with a bow and arrow in Norway is said to have been flagged for radicalisation by the police. It is said he was a recent convert to Islam who had come to the attention of the security services.
The 37 year old man, identified as Danish, is responsible for the slaying of five people in the Norwegian city of Konigsberg was a recent convert to Islam, police said Thursday.
DW report that, ‘Police chief Ole Bredrup Saeverud said, “There earlier had been worries of the man having been radicalised.”
ThE victims involved are four women and one man between the aged of 50 and 70 police disclosed. The man was also being interrogated overnight and has cooperated with authorities who earlier said he confessed. (read more below)
It is believed he worked alone and Norwegian news agency NTB also report he used other weapons citing police sources.
A prosecutor came forth earlier to say that the man was known to Norway’s Health Service as well.
What happened in Konigsberg Wednesday?
A man wielding a bow and arrow killed five people and wounded two others in the southeastern Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday, authorities said.
The Aftenposten newspaper cited police who said the attacks continued for over 30 minutes across a “large area” of Kongsberg, including at a Coop Extra grocery store.
Police were alerted at around 6:30 p.m. local time and arrested the suspect about 20 minutes later.
Source: DW, Guardian