Oktoberfest in Germany in 2022 . After a two-year hiatus, Munich will once again host the biggest beer festival that attracts people from all over the world. If you live in Germany or are visiting, this is a festival you don’t want to miss out on:
Oktoberfest in Germany in 2022
The 187th edition of the Oktoberfest will take place in Munich from September 17th to October 3rd and will be one full of fun and an amazing time. Here’s what you need to know about the biggest beer celebration.
What will be happening during the Oktoberfest in 2022 and when is it?
On September 17, beer gourmets from around the world will meet at Theresienwiese after a two-year hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic at the next Beer Festival in Munich. During the 187th edition of the event, you will be able to drink beer and have a great time from 9.00 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. on working days. The only exceptions are the “Wiesnschänke Käfer” and the “Wine Tent” which will close at 1.00 am.
As always, admission to the Oktoberfest site is free.
Strengthened security measures
It is best that those attending take note of the fact that backpacks and bags with a capacity of more than 3 litres cannot be granted admission to the biggest beer festival. You cannot being glass bottles and aerosol containers (e.g. hairspray or deodorants). Animals are also prohibited from entering Theresienwiese, with the exception of guide dogs.
This year the festival will be more expensive
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the war in Ukraine and inflation, beer prices in festival tents will increase by an average of 10-20% this year compared to the last festival in 2019. Here are the prices of Oktoberfest 2022:
- Armbrustschützen-Festzelt: EUR 13.50 (2019: EUR 11.70)
- Augustiner-Festhalle: 12.80 Euro (2019: 11.40 Euro)
- Bräurosl: 13.40 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Fischer-Vroni: 12.90 Euro (2019: 11.35 Euro)
- Hacker-Festzelt: 13.40 Euro (2019: 11.70 Euro)
- Hofbräuhaus-Festzelt: 13.60 Euro (2019: 11.40 Euro)
- Käfer Wiesn-Schänke: 13.70 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Löwenbräu-Festzelt: 13.60 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Marstall: 13.70 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Ochsenbraterei: € 13.50 (2019: € 11.50)
- Paulaner-Festzelt: 13.50 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Schottenhamel-Festhalle: € 13.60 (2019: € 11.45)
- Schützen-Festzelt: 13.70 Euro (2019: 11.80 Euro)
- Weinzelt (Weißbier): 16.80 Euro (2019: 15.90 Euro)
- Festzelt Tradition: 13.20 Euro (2019: 11.40 Euro)
- Herzkasperl Festzelt: 13.40 Euro (2019: 11.40 Euro)
- Museumszelt: 12.60 Euro (2019: 10.80 Euro)
- Volkssängerzelt: 12.90 Euro (2019: 11.40 Euro)
The program of this year’s edition can be found HERE .