Applying nail art is not easy for beginners. In the following video Dinna from ESSENCE shows you how to master this year’s biggest runway trends – negative space nail art.
She starts by outlining everything you’ll need then proceeds to steps you must follow.
3-5 different nail polishes
Nail guides and a lot of patience!
Steps to follow
1. First, apply your base coat
2. Place design guides onto nail in desired positions.
Nail guards can be purchased at your local drugstore.
3. Apply polish to desired areas
4. Wait for nails to dry
For best results, let dry for at least ten minutes
5. Carefully peel off guides to expose polished design.
6. Apply top coat to seal design
Clean up polish around nail beds
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW DINNA IS APPLYING NEGATIVE SPACE NAIL ART.
VIDEO: Lipstick mistakes Black women commonly make and how to avoid them